, or call 320.532.3103.
If you would like to visit the National Shrine of St. Odilia, you are welcome anytime between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. However, if you would like a Crosier to greet you, please call ahead at 320.532.3103.
The Associates of the Crosier Priory of Onamia are Christian women and men rooted in their baptismal commitment. They dedicate themselves to creating a community intent on God that experiences the timeless treasures of hope, joy, and new life by embracing the cross.
They will accomplish this vision by
• living the values of community, prayer, and service inspired by the spirituality and heritage of the Canons Regular of the Order of the Holy Cross (Crosiers) and
• keeping the Gospel alive and prophetically proclaimed to the contemporary Church and world.
Their efforts together are motivated by
• the Gospel, the Rule of St. Augustine, and other vital Crosier traditions;
• the values of respect and mutual support as sisters and brothers in the crucified and risen Lord; and
• genuine hospitality for all people as temples of God.
Crosier Associates seek to
• embody/embrace the charism of the Crosier way of life in their daily lives;
• pray the Scriptures, especially the Church’s morning and evening prayer;
• nurture communal spirit and participate regularly in group activities;
• be people of healing, hope, and hospitality, especially for the poor, suffering, and neglected;
• participate in spiritual-growth events and ministries;
• be people intent on God in our secular society; and
• foster equality and unity.
Who can become an Associate?
A person can become a Crosier Associate
• through invitation from or contact with a Crosier or Associate;
• by meeting with the director of the Crosier Associates;
• after personal reflection and prayer during a period of inquiry, while exploring the life of the Crosiers and Associates;
• by requesting to become a candidate and, together with other candidates, seriously explore, embrace, and integrate the Crosier charism into one’s life; or
• through continued discernment and prayer.
The period of candidacy (generally one year) concludes with one’s request to become a Crosier Associate through a formal commitment.
The annual enrollment for Crosier Associate candidates takes place on Pentecost Sunday. Prior to this enrollment is a period of inquiry that can take one to six months, tailored to the needs of the individual.
or call 320.532.3103.
PO Box 500
Onamia, MN 56359